Penn Neurology Residency Recognized as a Top Training Program

Doximity has released their second-annual Residency Navigator rankings. The University of Pennsylvania Neurology Residency is recognized as:

- 3rd in research productivity and impact by residency graduates over the last 10 years
- 4th in board certification rate
- 6th in national reputation

Anonymous comments from our recent graduates obtained by Doximity included:

Great residency program. Penn has the right balance of what you need in a program. Rigorous training and supportive atmosphere. Would choose Penn again — Alum, 5-9 years since graduation
What distinguishes penn from the other top academic neurology programs is the culture...— Current resident or recent alum
I love this program. What distinguishes penn from the other top academic neurology programs is the culture. Penn neurology is a close-knit family. Attendings are extremely approachable- we call our attendings by first names, often by nicknames. The leadership of the program is highly adaptable and responsive to resident feedback. They do a terrific job selecting a applicants that fit the hard-working yet laid-back, team focused spirit of the program — Current resident or recent alum
At the end of training I felt confident that my training was extremely strong...— Current resident or recent alum
Loved this program. What I was looking for in a Neurology training program was a top tier program that had residents, fellows, and attendings who were supportive, cohesive, and knowledgeable, and I joined the University of Pennsylvania because it fit that description. After finishing this program I have not been disappointed, rather I have been supported, mentored, encouraged, and at the end of training I felt confident that my training was extremely strong, and I entered fellowship with no reservations, and felt so grateful at the depth and breadth of cases that I was exposed to. I couldn't have asked for a better program — Current resident or recent alum
Exhausting, humbling, scary, but importantly also incredible, career shaping, and life changing (in a good way!)...— Current resident or recent alum
Great program. Very happy to have matched here, it has been an incredible 3 years. Exhausting, humbling, scary, but importantly also incredible, career shaping, and life changing (in a good way!) — Current resident or recent alum

More

Popular Posts

Contact Information

Department of Neurology
3 Gates, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Frances E. Jensen, MD, FACP
Chair of Neurology

Raymond S. Price, MD
Program Director

Vanna Hing, Residency Coordinator
Telephone: (215) 662-3370
PennNeuroResidency@uphs.upenn.edu