Ali Hamedani (class of 2017) joins the Continuum editorial board

Penn's own Ali Hamedani (currently in his neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at Penn) has been appointed to the editorial board of  Continuum, the primary clinical review journal produced by the American Academy of Neurology. We reached out to Ali and asked him to describe how he came to have this role:
When I was on Pennsy nights in August of my JAR year, I was looking for a way brush up on my neurology and came across a copy of the December 2013 issue of Continuum on Muscle Disease that a recent graduate had left in the call room. I found it so helpful that I downloaded all previous Continuum editions and fashioned them into a sort of textbook for myself. My senior residents that month joked that my consults were infused with whatever Continuum article I had just read (e.g., an unnecessarily detailed gait exam because I had just read the chapter on Gait Disorders in the Movement Disorders edition). Last year I saw an ad in Neurology Now asking for resident and fellow applicants to be on the Continuum editorial board, so I decided to apply. My term officially runs from January-December 2018. We'll be reviewing previous issues to see what can be improved and will also be curating and editing articles for the upcoming year.
Congratulations to Dr. Hamedani on this new role.

More

Popular Posts

Contact Information

Department of Neurology
3 Gates, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Frances E. Jensen, MD, FACP
Chair of Neurology

Raymond S. Price, MD
Program Director

Vanna Hing, Residency Coordinator

Telephone: (215) 662-3370
pennneuroresidency@uphs.upenn.edu